the boss of Facebook, Mark Zuckerberg, at the MWC 2016 Barcelona, ​​21 February 2016 – FACEBOOK
* Philippe Berry

the image has gone around the Web (and generated a great meme). For someone who wants to convince that virtual reality can be a magical experience and social, Zuckerberg has done exactly the opposite effect: it has revived the darkest nightmares of cyberpunk culture,

L. the image of the boss of Facebook is working, smiling, amid a crowd of zombies online, at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, ​​was greeted by a torrent of negative comments. Matrix , The Neuromancer , Johnny Mnemonic or Black Mirror , everyone has his cultural comparison antisocial.

“I do not want to live in a world like this. I want to be able to touch a flower and feel. I want to hug someone and tell her that I love her in person. I want to see a sunset with a tear rolling down my cheek. I want to feel the breeze on my face. I want to log in a human way. I do not want to sit in a gray suit and be told what’s cool in an air-conditioned hall filled with electronic devices that follow my trail, humans, is to be free ‘ , including a poet writing user

& gt;. & gt; Read also: Goodbye S6 and S6 Edge, Samsung formalizes the arrival of the Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge

Released from its context, the picture is in fact anxiety. But if Mark Zuckerberg smiles, it is because he is playing to turn to the meeting of the World Mobile Congress in Barcelona. Taking advantage of when each person has on his head a Gear VR headset Samsung, the boss of Facebook made a surprise entry.

Especially in practice, virtual reality provides an inverse experience than described by the photo. The technology is primarily intended to live alone. And instead of isolating people who are in the same room, it can bring people together from around the world in the same virtual environment. But obviously, Zuckerberg still has a lot of work to do to share his vision

Keywords:.