Monday, April 27, 2015

Earthquake in Nepal: research also on the Internet – France Info

Internet is cut, very difficult telephone communications; or even impossible in some areas. So, inevitably, take news of a loved one or a family member in Nepal, is a real headache. We even France Info is SMS and satellite we come in contact with Alice Serrano our special correspondent on site. To contact a tourist on holiday in the country, many use search advice. Essentially on Twitter with the hashtag #Nepalearthquake, often in English with name / photo. Example: “ I want my mother 49 years – 1.60 trekking in the Annapurna ” or “ Our friends trek in the Langtang Valley If you see them, tell us.


In Lyon, Anne wrote an opinion like the one for her sister Aude 28 years old when she was reported missing on Saturday in the Langtang Valley north of Kathmandu, one of the steps of his world tour. “J” spent an announcement on Twitter “ says the girl and ” I saw that there was a Facebook page dedicated to the missing Langtang “.

“I threw a bottle in the sea” Anne Lyon, looking for his sister Aude Internet


disappeared as the sister of Anne struggling probably to access the Internet. And some tourists feel sometimes not necessary to call home to reassure her. For, according to their location they felt the tremor but do not necessarily have been aware of the magnitude of the disaster. A young French explained that his sister had been slow to call because she believed that only a tower had collapsed in Kathmandu making some victims.

Facebook and Google also mobilized

To find their loved ones, some families use both as research platforms launched by Google and Facebook Platforms that run in both directions First case:.. I am in Nepal I have not the means inform my family through the usual channels. I click or application is clicked for me … to inform that I am safe. Second scenario: I want a close I am not new in Nepal. I click and report his disappearance. On these platforms, Charles went …. to no avail. It restated the Hautes-Alpes is crazy concern for the girl of 7 years it sponsors. She lives with her mother in Kathmandu.

“The French have the Quai d’Orsay to fall back to Nepal, there is no solution” Charles, retired, looking for her goddaughter 7 years


On the internet, also run recently missing lists by region in the form of Excel spreadsheets. Whenever names: first name, nationality, age, last place where the person was located, and then these words: “Missing” or rarely “Found”.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment